As recreational running established widespread popularity in the 1970s, the benchmark for running footwear shifted from mere existence to performance. While the era’s designs would be considered simple by today’s standards, the decade stands out as the moment when running shoes truly came into their own. The 327 sheds new light on the ‘70s as a time of innovation by boldly reshaping classic design elements with a thoroughly contemporary outlook. With an angular reworking of the tried-and-true wedge silhouette, outsize, asymmetrically applied ‘N’ branding, and wraparound, trail-inspired lug outsole, the 327 provides nothing less than a complete reimagination of our running heritage.
- Flared midsole
- Cordura and suede upper featuring exaggerated fang design inspired by 320, 355, and Supercomp
- Oversized N branding
- Medial linear ‘New Balance’ text branding
- Lugged outsole inspired by 355 trail running shoe
- Rubber heel wrap inspired by 320, 355, and Supercomp
- Retro inspired nylon tongue
- Split eyerow
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.